Theme Name: Raita Created: 07/03/2016 Latest update: 08/04/2016 By: PalThemes Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for purchasing Raita! We are very pleased you have chosen Raita for your website, you won’t be disappointed!
Before you get started, please be sure to always check out these documentation files. We outline all kinds of good information and provide you with all the details you need to use Raita.
Raita can only be used with WordPress and we assume that you already have WordPress installed and ready to go. If you do not, please see our section on WordPress to help you get started.
There are two methods to install the theme. If the normal installation method (1) is not supported by your web host, you will have to use the alternate option (2).
- Login to WordPress Admin and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the Add New Theme (or “Install Themes” tab for older versions) and click Upload.
- Browse your computer to select “raita.zip” (it’s in the zip file you downloaded). Click “Install Now” button.
- Once it’s uploaded, click the Activate link.
FTP Installation (Alternate option)
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract raita.zip and upload the raita folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Demo Content Install
We highly recommend against using this method in production. Please only use on a an extra copy for testing or experimenting.
Things you need to check to make demo installer works:
- Navigate to unyson, pay attention to compatible extensions, you will see Backup & Demo Content extension. Download it and activate that extension
- Now Go to Tools » Demo Content Install and click Install on Raita Demo
- You will see that the demo installation is in progress.
- After the demo content installer did the job, you’ll be logged out because the database is just refreshed. Please do the login again. (Some site will get a notice: Not Acceptable, it’s because your server fails to do the self-logout. Just ignore it, and go to your /wp-admin)
- When you successfully logged in, please go to Settings » Permalink. HIT the save button. This action is REQUIRED to prevent permalinks error.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed the demo content.Notes:
- The images for demo content are from unsplash and Which is free for commercial themes.
- You CAN’T SELL the stock yourself.
This section will show you how to customize Raita theme through theme settings, which you can find by navigating to Appearance >> Theme Settings
At this section, you can upload your own logo (and for the retina version one).
At this section, you can upload favicon images to your site.
Choose the navigation bar background. Light will be white, dark will be black.
Show Socials Header
Show or hide social media link icon on header.
This section allows you to customize for each templates. The pages included that could be custimomized are: index, single, page, archive, author, category, search, tags and 404.
You can set the sidebar position for each page layout.
Except single and page tabs, all page settings have Featured Content Slideshow configuration. Weather you want to turn on or off. It’s up to you.
And special for 404 tab, it has custom title/headline and the not found message (with WordPress WYSIWYG editor).
Design And Color
This section will teach you how to customize color and background.
1. How to change Accent Color
In Design and color menu, look up to Accent Color Options. Pick your desired color, and hit save to save the options.
2. Customize Site Background.
Allows you to customize the main background of the site. From the base color to background image.
3. Main Footer Color Settings
Please see the screenshot below , it’s easier to read the explanations with picture.
4. Copyright Bar Color Settings
This section contains options that almost same with Main Footer Color scheme, only it has not widget title color option.
If you feel that default theme’s typography style isn’t nice enough, then this typography configurations could allows you to play with.
To enable, please turn the switcher to “Yes” at “Enable Custom Typography? ” option
- Search Input Placeholder
This means the default/placeholder text inside the input field.
Default: “Please type and press enter”
- Sticky Menu
Stick the navmenu when scroll, Switch Yes to enable or No to disable.
- Sticky Sidebar
Sticky sidebar that will stuck in smart way when visitors scroll your website.
- Social Share
This is the social sharer icon that placed at the most bottom of article box. Switch Yes to enable or No to disable.
- Related Posts
The related posts will appear in post article page.
- Custom CSS
You can add your own CSS code to customize your theme style. Please write your CSS code without
Writing Post Format
After you’ve done all required actions when installing Raita theme. Now you’re ready to write your blog posts.
There are 7 Post Formats that supported to use with Raita theme.
To select what post format you like, you just need to look up to Format box that positioned right below Publish box.
However, we recommend you to upload featured image for each post. So that the posts have thumbnails that will show great in several widgets. Such as recent posts, post slideer, etc.
Raita allows you to use any image size, but we recomended to use image with minimum resolution is 1000x 550 pixels.
Now. Let’s learn how to write the format types.
To create image post format, you just need to create post like standard post and you have to upload the featured image, and this is mandatory (of course, we’re going to publish image format right?). The result on the front-end will make the uploaded featured image available to zoom-in. And don’t forget to select “Image” on the Format Options box.
Video and Audio
Create a post just like the standard post, choose “Video” on the Format Options box. To add video content, for example, if you want to show vimeo videos, you just need to put the Vimeo link. WordPress oEmbed system will automatically render the video player. It’s the same way to put the youtube videos and soundcloud audio, even you can embed self-hosted video and audio too, Just paste the file url to the text editor.
To make quote post format, just pick “Quote” on format option while you’re creating a new post.
To write the quote post properly, please use this code snippet (you need to switch the WordPress text editor type tab to “Text”):
<blockquote> <p style="text-align: center;">I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel</p> <p style="text-align: center;"><cite>Maya Angelou</cite></p> </blockquote>
Please make sure that you’ve already installed Jetpack and its Tiled Galleries module.
If you want to create Tiled Gallery, just click Add Media button right at the left top of WordPress Editor. Pick the images that you want to display on your post, and then click Create Gallery.
You can see that in Gallery Settings, there are several options for gallery settings. Please select “Link To:” as Media File. So Raita theme could fire jQuery lightbox to enlarge the image on the fly.
for “Type ” settings, the recommended choice is Tiled Mosaic, that’s what Raita great to render with.
Version 1.0.0 / (05.05.2016) ================================ - Initial release